Search This Blog

Translate

Blog Archive

Middleboro Review 2

NEW CONTENT MOVED TO MIDDLEBORO REVIEW 2

Toyota

Since the Dilly, Dally, Delay & Stall Law Firms are adding their billable hours, the Toyota U.S.A. and Route 44 Toyota posts have been separated here:

Route 44 Toyota Sold Me A Lemon



Monday, April 27, 2015

Computer Literacy



Article in the Springfield Republican about EmmaLadd Shepherd:


VOICES OF THE VALLEY

Teaching others to be computer literate

W
HAT DO YOU offer and to whom?
Lessons and support in basic computer skills to adults, including information on using the Internet and email.

I also teach people in the use of digital cameras and in getting photos ready to email.

I teach computer classes at the Yellow House Community Learning Center in Palmer. I also design simple websites.

I’m available for the small business owner who wants a web presence but who doesn’t
have much money.


Why? What motivates you?
Everyone needs to be computer-literate today.

Computers are not simple appliances like refrigerators.

They are more like a car, and operating a computer online is like driving on the open road; after more than 100 years, you still have to be trained to drive. I am also concerned about safety on the Internet.

Basically, I’m obsessed with helping others to be safe online.
What sets you apart?
I am a teacher, not a “techie.”

I love teaching adults. I am also skilled in creating “check lists” – step-by-step instructions so that my students can repeat the lessons on their own. My goal is to help people feel comfortable and confident in using their computers.
I have been teaching adults the basics of computer software and of Windows operating systems since 2000. I am retired from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts where, for many years, I worked in staff development, teaching adults on a wide variety of topics. This experience taught me quite a lot about adult learning theory, and my teaching style in my work with Computer Mommy is based on this.


What mark do you hope to make on your community?
I’d like to help develop a region full of confident, safe computer users.


Website: computermommy.net

How people can contact you:

(413) 267-5210
info@computermommy.net


Voices of the Valley is compiled by Janice Beetle of Beetle Press in Easthampton, a PR and communications firm.
 
 
 

No comments: