Search This Blog

Translate

Blog Archive

Middleboro Review 2

NEW CONTENT MOVED TO MIDDLEBORO REVIEW 2

Toyota

Since the Dilly, Dally, Delay & Stall Law Firms are adding their billable hours, the Toyota U.S.A. and Route 44 Toyota posts have been separated here:

Route 44 Toyota Sold Me A Lemon



Wednesday, September 23, 2015

VoteVets.org: What I would tell Ben Carson



It's time to stop fueling HATE with ignorance by Republicans as a distraction from their failures of governance.  




VoteVets.org







Join VoteVets and tell Ben Carson there is NO conflict between being a Muslim and an American who wants to serve his country.




As an American Muslim who deployed to Iraq for 15 months, I was extremely taken aback to hear that a serious candidate for President of the United States, Dr. Ben Carson, who has probably had to deal with prejudice in his own life, would say that Islam is not consistent with the Constitution I swore to support and defend. 

As a Platoon Leader who led my soldiers in combat operations, there was no conflict between my faith and my duty as an Army Officer. As a Muslim, the Constitution is a document I hold sacred because it protects my religious liberty. 

If I could speak to Ben Carson, I would challenge him to question my allegiance and service to this country. I would challenge him to question my cousin, Shaniyat Chowdhury, a Marine who is now serving. And I would challenge him to question my cousin, Adil Chowdhury, an NYPD Officer. 

But since he'll probably never speak to any of us, I would love your help getting our message heard. 

Join thousands of veterans, military family members, and VoteVets supporters in telling Ben Carson there is NO conflict between being a Muslim and an American who wants to serve his country. 

Ben Carson has taken a bit of heat since he said a Muslim should never be elected President of the United States. But the truth is, his attack on my service, and countless American Muslims who serve our country and communities every day was just as offensive. 

Thank you for standing against his xenophobic attacks. As veterans, military family members, and VoteVets supporters, our voices matter. 

All my best, 

Shahriar Chowdhury 
Iraq War Veteran 
VoteVets 











PAID FOR BY VOTEVETS ACTION FUND



No comments: