Search This Blog

Translate

Blog Archive

Middleboro Review 2

NEW CONTENT MOVED TO MIDDLEBORO REVIEW 2

Toyota

Since the Dilly, Dally, Delay & Stall Law Firms are adding their billable hours, the Toyota U.S.A. and Route 44 Toyota posts have been separated here:

Route 44 Toyota Sold Me A Lemon



Thursday, February 14, 2008

Verizon: Your Cheatin' Heart .....#2

When we switched to Verizon (phone & internet) in August 2007, we were told that local coverage was available.
.
Knowing that it was not yet available, we declined to switched to Verison cable, at that time, but had our own problems with service and overcharges that have been commented on.
.
But other customers made the switch based on Verizon's claim of current service being offered or promise of future service for local coverage.
.
And my goodness, if you check the Verizon web site, there are 3 local channels listed.
.

LOCAL PEGS Channel
Middleborough Educational Access 33
Middleborough Government Access 34
Middleborough Public Access 35
.
.
Receiving emails from others who have been plagued with Verizon complaints, listening to residents who have complaints about Verizon, and growing tired of the inattention of the Middleboro BOS, I forwarded a complaint to the link that was included in the previous complaint.
.
The just received response is as follows:
.

Have you contacted the Verizon President's office?
The number is 1 800 483 7988.
You might also check with your town to see if a license has been issued for FIOS.
I am not aware of Verizon collecting money up front.
Have you paid for the FIOS service but haven't received it ?
Please let me know.
Thank you,

Christine

Christine O'Toole
Compliance Officer
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Department of Telecommunications & Cable
Department of Public Utilities Consumer Division
One South Station Boston, MA 02110
1-800-392-6066
617-368-1127 >>>>>>>>>note new number
617 478-2591 Fax
.
Clearly Ms. O'Toole misunderstood my complaint, but she very kindly provided the phone number for the President of Verizon. You might just want to call and chat about you Verizon issues.
.
And then file a complaint with DTC.
.
Someone also called me to suggest that if enough small claims cases were filed in Wareham, maybe Verizon would respond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoke with someone at the Presidents number who promised contact within 2 business days. I complained about local access not being available and also the pricing issues.

Middleboro Review said...

Unless you complain, no one knows that there's a problem.
If you don't get a positive response, please file a complaint with DTC that includes your response from the 'President.'
If you're paying for a service you were promised, it needs to be corrected.
Clearly, the Board of Selectmen should have provided the appropriate avenue for complaints and should post the information on their web site.

Anonymous said...

I gave up talking with Verizon people on the phone because this didn't get resovled after 4 calls. So I sent an e-mail twice. Told them I will not speak with anyone on the phone anymore because we go in circles. Finally got an answer. They told me they needed my account number. I gave them my account number and they said call this toll free number. What part of I don't want to speak with anyone over the phone didn't they get......
I ordered FIOS to save money. They installed it in November 07 and I ended it in December 07. Didn't save. And the support service was definately not up to speed. When they installed it, there wasn't much explanation of how it worked. It wasn't the techs fault. From what I hear, their managers are telling them to get it done quick and get out the door (in so many words). The equipment was picked up by a rep on January 24, 2008, even this took a long time for the offices to get someone out here. I have a signed receipt. Now in March I am receiving a bill for FIOS. I don't have FIOS. I didn't get anywhere with my e-mails to them so I had to call the number. Four times I tried to resolve this. I was informed ok mame, it's resloved. That was two weeks ago. May 5 I receive a bill for past due charges of 174.17. I don't have FIOS. I don't want FIOS. Someone at VERIZON needs to fix this. I was informed by a Verizon rep that I pulled in off the street that I should call 411 for the presidents numbers. 411 Doesn't have a number like that. The number listed in the e-mail for Christine O'Toole, Complaint Officer, gives a fast busy signal.

I need help getting this resolved. It's esculating. And so is my patience. This is unethical.