Search This Blog

Translate

Blog Archive

Middleboro Review 2

NEW CONTENT MOVED TO MIDDLEBORO REVIEW 2

Toyota

Since the Dilly, Dally, Delay & Stall Law Firms are adding their billable hours, the Toyota U.S.A. and Route 44 Toyota posts have been separated here:

Route 44 Toyota Sold Me A Lemon



Sunday, March 17, 2013

Route 44 Toyota: RipOff Report

Below are complaints posted on the RipOff Report about Route 44 Toyota -- please note that one of those complaints also includes unauthorized access of credit reports ---


Report: #458670
Complaint Review: Route 44 Toyota, Tony Roma

  • Submitted: Thursday, June 04, 2009
  • Last Posting: Friday, June 05, 2009
  • Reported By:Carver Massachusetts

  • Route 44 Toyota, Tony Roma
    1154 New State Highway, Raynham, MARaynham Massachusetts 02767U.S.A.
     

    Route 44 Toyota, Tony Roma Route 44 Toyota are scam artists! They sold us an overpriced car, then pulled out when the bank said the car was not worth it. Then they held me hostage for 3 hours and refused to give me back my belongings! Raynham Massachusetts

    My husband and I purchased a used vehicle from Rte 44 Toyota after much wheeling, dealing, and schmoozing from sales manager Tony Roma. We explained that we needed a larger sedan to fit our children, and that it needed to get good gas mileage and told him what we could afford for monthly payments. So Tony finds a "repo", a 2003 Ford Taurus with only 39k miles on it (after I had repeatedly told them that a brand new Yaris would never work for our family size, it is just too small) Tony assured us that he had secured financing, we signed the purchase and sales agreement; I took possession of the Ford and the dealership took possession of my trade (Saturn). I was told to return Tuesday when they would give me a loaner, while they took care of the license plate change, inspection sticker, oil change etc.
    When I arrived at 1:15pm on Tuesday-on my lunch hour-the service department did not have me listed as having an appointment. I explained what I needed done and that the paperwork was in the glove box. They took my keys and paged my salesman. The salesman was paged repeatedly. In the meantime I had Tony Roma paged. Tony had requested a fire department t-shirt from my husband, and since at the time we were pleased with the vehicle, we agreed. Tony came out and I gave him the shirt and thanked him for helping us out. Then Tony disappeared.
    Then my salesman came out and told me that he had bad news. The financing had fallen through on the Ford. I was shocked. I asked him how this could happen when we signed all the paperwork already. He informed me that the bank denied it because Rte 44 Toyota was charging me way more than the vehicle was worth. (charged us $12,005 before trade in value, and we later discovered on (((REDACTED))) that the fair price was $8400!) I told the salesman to just lower the price and he said that the dealership would not do it, but please come talk to his sales manager with him for a moment. I told him that I needed to go back to work now, then told the sales manager the same thing. The smarmy sales manager tried to convince me to buy a Yaris instead, at least go take a look. I informed him that I did not have time to look at cars, I had to get back to work but after work and my doctors appointment, I would come back at 430pm. I was told that was fine and they would get the Ford for me.
    20 minutes later, the salesman comes back and says he is giving me back my Saturn, because the Ford is up on the lift getting an oil change. WHAT? I told him that I had belongings, including my childs carseat in the Ford and that I was not leaving without getting my things out of the Ford.
    Again I am left to stew and fume. I went to Tony Roma, who was sitting with another salesman and asked him to speak with him a moment. I asked him what exactly was going on and that this was shady and wrong. He claimed to know nothing about it. I told him that I was done with this dealership, to get me my car, my license plates, and my belongings NOW and give me back the shirt. I need to leave. He ran off like the cockroach that he is, with a promise to find out where the vehicles were. When I spotted him hiding behind a pillar speaking to another salesman, I spoke to my husband via cell phone and he informed me to call the police department, which I did.
    Throughout all this, my boss was flipping out that i was not back to work, everyone in the dealership was screwing me around, and I was stuck with no cars, no keys, no plates, no belongings.
    When the salesman pulled up in my Saturn, 2 hours after I first arrived, it had no plates, and the Ford (and my belongings) was still MIA. At that point the police arrived.
    Smarmy sales manager tried to give the cop a line that my credit was bad and that was why financing fell through. LIE! They overcharged pure and simple. Cheating lying thieves. The cop, who was great, told him he didnt care about my credit, where is the Ford? And when he learned it was on the lift still he asked "For an hour and a half?" The police officer told the sales manager to get the Ford down from the lift Now, and let me get my belongings NOW and to put my plates back on my Saturn NOW. Finally, these dishonest nasty jerks actually moved and within 15 minutes I had my belongings, my plates, and my Saturn back. I cannot imagine how much longer I owuld have been held hostage if the police had not intervened.
    Route 44 Toyota tried to rip us off. Hindsight being what it is, we should have questioned the price, asked for a (((REDACTED))) report etc. What they did, how they treated me, was unconscionable, shady, illegal, and wrong on so many levels. I would never ever do business with these crooks again.
    To top it off, we reported them to the BBB...their response was that I was there for 15-20 minutes, Tony Roma was not there that day at all-it was his day off! LIES! Don't go to Rte 44 Toyota unless you want to be robbed! I don't know how these people sleep at night.

    44toyotasux
    Carver, Massachusetts
    U.S.A.
     
    Report: #358430
  • Submitted: Saturday, August 02, 2008
  • Last Posting: Saturday, August 09, 2008
  • Reported By:Pembroke Massachusetts

  • Route 44 Toyota Belittling sales tactics, told sales and finance 3x NOT to pull credit report, they pulled it 2x!!! Outrageous Doc fees Raynham Massachusetts

    I told the saleman I was in the banking business and dealt with over 100 dealers so that I wouldn't have to go through their demeaning sales tactics. They did not listen. I told the saleman and sales manager three times NOT to pull my credit as this was a cash deal. Without my written consent pulled my credit report with two different bureaus. I was outraged to find this out via my credit alert program I have.


    When I tried to get some answers on why this was obtained, the finance manager said they had not pulled it. Then he said, "oh ya, I see it was pulled, but I don't know who did it." Assuring me he would get back to me and did not. I sent a registered letter to the owner of the dealership and the GM. Thus far, no return letter.





    But I did receive a phone call back from the most arrogant man who tried in a VERY condoscending way to tell me it was because of OFAC they pulled my credit. I told him I was in banking/VP of Lending for 25 years before he went any further with his either lack of knowledge of the OFAC/credit reporting sytem or just down right arrogance. OFAC is pulled by financial institutions to cross check against a terrorist list before LENDING out money.


    There was no money being lent out in this transaction. As I explained this to the employee, he said "this conversation is over with". Not only was my transaction/experience with this dealer horrible I had my rights violated with having my credit pulled.


    This dealership needs to know they cannot just do whatever they please for their own gain (they tried very hard to get me to finance the deal so they could make even more money) and must starting treating their customers like they have a brain.


    Mia2000
    Pembroke, Massachusetts
    U.S.A.


    Report: #316664
    Route 44 Toyota/Scion Charged $675 when they couldn't produce a title and I back out of deal Raynham Massachusetts

    Went to said auto dealer to buy a used car.Found one that I liked and got all financing signed on Jan.30,2008.Was told it would take a couple of days to get the registration completed.after almost a week I called them and was told they didn't have the title but should have it within a couple of days.

    On Feb.11,2008 the salesman called me to say they still didn't have the title and that I would have to bring the vehicle back too them and they would put me in a loaner vehicle while they waited for the title to mine,was told then again that it would be a couple of days.I started to Question the waiting and was told don't worry its just becouse the vehicle was titled in Rhode Island and they take time to send out there titles.

    Too make a long story short on March 6,2008 I decided that enough was enough and I called the dealer to let them know that I was canceling the deal and that I would like my $2000 dollar deposit back.This is when they showed there true colors, when I got there to get my deposit back they stated that the vehicle that they loaned me was actually a rental and I would be charged $675 and that there was nothing that I could do about it becouse they would only give me the differance from my deposit back.

    Mike
    South Easton, Massachusetts
    U.S.A.

    No comments: